Jay Park recognized as Artist of the Year in the 1st Korean Hip Hop Awards; Complete list of winnersBy / 2017.03.01
The 1st Annual Korean Hip Hop Awards 2017 concluded recently and the winners are out already. The best hip hop artists were recognized for their talent and they were judged by people from various industries including entertainment CEOs, editors, producers, press people and even professors.
Moreover, the 1st Annual Korean Hip Hop Awards awardees were chosen based on the votes from a committee of music professionals. Their votes accounted for the 70 percent of the total score while the remaining 30 percent was from public voting. The casting of votes ran from Jan. 19 to Feb. 3.
The hip hop awarding was hosted by Hiphopplaya and Hiphople. As posted on Korean Hip Hop Awards website, below are the list of winners:
Artist of the Year: Jay Park
Rookie of the Year: Justhis
Hip-Hop Album of the Year: Nucksal's "The God of Small Things"
Hip-Hop Track of the Year: BewhY's "Forever""
R&B Album of the Year: Jay Park "Everything You Wanted"
R&B Track of the Year: DEAN's "Half Moon" ft. Gaeko
Producer of the Year: Groovy Room
Collaboration of the Year: Live, Sik-K, Punchnello, Owen, Ovadoz & Flowsik's "Eung Freestyle"
Underrated / Underestimated Album of the Year: Sleeq's "Colossus"
After receiving the Artist of the Year award, Jay Park expressed gratitude to his fans.
On his Instagram, he wrote, "Again, thank you to all the fans. I really put my blood sweat and tears into this. Thank u for the recognition and acknowledgment." The rapper and former 2PM member also dedicated his trophies to his mom and mentioned her by adding the hashtag "Mom, we made it."
Finally, the 1st Annual Korean Hip Hop Awards was created to honor hip hop musicians that shown exemplary skills in the field. The event was made possible through the partnership and efforts of Korean music portal site called HipHopPlaya and online music magazine, HiphopLE.
Kpop group Highlight drops schedule for comeback By / 2017.05.17
Tesla’s Solar energy history; New moonshot released By / 2017.05.17