Music

2PM to hold first concert after Jun.K’s accident in February show; Boy group unveils new official logo

By diana / 2017.04.07
2PM performs at the K-Pop "Go Crazy" World Tour in New Jersey.

While in the midst of their "6Nights" concert series in February, 2PM had to cancel the rest of the show when Jun.K met an accident during a performance onstage. The member reportedly fractured his elbow after falling from moving platforms.

Since then, the boy group refused to hold concert shows until Jun.K recovers from his injury. On Thursday, JYP Entertainment confirmed 2PM is gearing up for a concert in June.

"We had to cancel our concert due to Jun.K's accident, but we have decided to hold a concert again in June to thank the fans who have trusted and supported 2PM," the label announced as per Soompi.

JYP Entertainment assured Jun.K will join the rest of 2PM for the upcoming concert. Tickets for the show will be made available via Interpark on April 24 for official club members, and on April 27 for the public.

Subsequently, the label unveiled the new official logo of the K-pop group as per Allkpop. The logo creatively combined 2, P and M to form a heart-shaped figure.

Currently, the 2PM members have been busy with their acting projects on top of their promotional activities as a group.

Taecyeon's film "House of the Disappeared" just premiered on Wednesday, April 5. Aside from that, he is currently in talks to take the lead role in an upcoming drama, titled "Save Me."

2PM's Thai-American member Nichkhun has been casted for a web series along with Jinyoung of GOT7. Similarly, Chansung was confirmed for a special appearance on SBS' "Suspicious Partner." He is also set to make his theater debut with "My Love, My Bride."

Meanwhile, Junho's recent acting project, "Chief Kim," successfully concluded on March 30. Given their solo projects and impending enlistment, Taecyeon frankly said 2PM's comeback will likely happen four or five years from now.

"Following me, the rest of the 2PMmembers will begin enlisting for mandatory military service," he said.

The "Let's Fight Ghost" actor has been preparing to enlist after giving up his American permanent residence in 2010. Taecyeon added he is just waiting for his schedule to enter the military.

Real Time Analytics