iPhone 8, the next generation of iPhone, will be bigger and better than the current hot commodity.
Months following the official release of iPhone 7, the tech community is already bracing for big updates regarding iPhone 8, which is projected to be released around September or November this year, according to PC Advisor.
Rumors and leaked information surrounding the launch of Apple's next flagship smartphone has been scarce at the moment, but many tech insiders are expecting Apple to announce anytime from now the specs and release date of iPhone 8, which coincides with the 10th year anniversary of the debut of the first iPhone.
As far as the upgrades are concerned, PC Advisor listed the following rumored specs to be added to Apple's iPhone 8, reportedly to be marketed across the global tech market as 'The iPhone.'
- iOS 11 software,
- 5.8in edge-to-edge screen with no bezels and no physical home button
- 3D front-facing camera could replace Touch ID
- Long-range wireless charging
- Apple A11 processor, 64- or 256GB with 3GB RAM. Latest Intel LTE modem
- Apple may move the SIM tray to the bottom edge
- The main logic board will be in two pieces instead of the traditional one
- Quick charging will be supported when using a cable
- New speaker design could turn the phone the thinnest ever
- Facial recognition in addition to fingerprint scanner
- Laser sensor for recognition
Again, all of the information are plainly speculations, as iPhone hasn't released any announcement yet regarding the phone. However, with Apple traditionally releasing their latest models around September, major announcement may not be that far amid reports of production delays due to supply issues with the 3D camera system.
Many speculate that Apple will be releasing three new iPhone models as part of the main lineup: likely the S versions of 7 and 7 plus with a more revolutionary iPhone 8 version in the offing. Tech Blogger Mac Otakara stated the 2017 smartphone model may be called as the iPhone edition that includes the three available options.