Denver Broncos general manager John Elway said that he did not want to pursue Tony Romo from Dallas Cowboys. This makes the option for Romo become narrow, but Cowboys still considers to keep him.
Elway said on Monday, March 27, as reported by United Press International, that Denver Broncos has no intent to pursue Romo, even if Dallas Cowboys releases him. This limits the option for the veteran quarterback to Houston Texans, Furthermore, Texans has lost its quarterback Brock Osweiller early this month to Cleveland Browns.
Denver Broncos is reported to be interested in acquiring Romo if he goes into the free agency. Nevertheless, Romo is still under contract with Dallas Cowboys for three more years. While the Broncos wants to keep focusing on its current quarterbacks Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch. Unfortunately, neither of them are excellent quarterback, making the team's struggle to make play continue.
On the other hand, Dallas Cowboys still has not made any decision regarding the 36-year-old quarterback. In an interview with the NFL Network journalist Steve Wych during the Annual League Meeting in Phoenix, Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said the team is still undecided on Romo.
"He's still part of our roster. We haven't made any roster moves with Tony at this point," coach Garrett said. Furthermore, the coach admitted that Romo has given significant contribution for the team, "Tony's been a good quarterback for us for a long time."
However, Garrett said that Dallas Cowboys is in the wait and see mode regarding Romo. While on the other hand, Houston Texans is in need of a quarter back and could be the destination for Romo if the Cowboys releases him after Elway decided to stop pursuing Romo.
Watch the discussion earlier this month from Fox Sports Radio analyst Colin Cowherd regarding Elway's intention to bring in Romo to Denver below: